market-farming - [Market-farming] employee bonus

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "stonecirclefarm tds.net" <stonecirclefarm AT tds.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] employee bonus
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 08:06:49 -0500

This question may not be an easy one to answer because every farm situation is unique but I am wanting to pay my one employee a bonus for the one week this season when she managed the farm on her own while I was away with my family for a vacation.  We are a small farm without tremendous sales or resources (especially during this drought year) but this was obviously a big deal both for me (allowing me to be off the farm) and a big deal for her (as her hours and responsibilities went way up).  Thoughts or experiences to share anyone?