market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Popcorn Sheller

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: KAKerby AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Popcorn Sheller
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 21:39:34 -0400 (EDT)

Richard, can you send me the contact info for the gentleman who rebuilds them?  I contacted one such individual and he's no longer doing that work.  We aren't ready to buy yet but we can see it on the horizon, and we may as well start making those contacts now.  There's always the debate about whether to buy one as-is, particularly if it's been used recently (and some of them out here are still in regular service).  But there's something to be said for someone already having gone through it, top to bottom, evicting all the little monsters.
Kathryn Kerby
frogchorusfarm.com
Snohomish, WA
Ruminations - essays on the farming life at frogchorusfarm.com/weblog.html