market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] pressure washer advice please

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Carla Maness <manessfarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] pressure washer advice please
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 18:42:57 -0500

I bought one at Walmart several years ago, and I while I don't remember the brand name, it was worthless. I wanted it for washing our produce lugs and a water hose with a good spray nozzle had more pressure than this did.
One of the other vendors at our market told me she takes all of her lugs to the car wash when they need a good scrubbing.  I haven't tried that yet. I just scrub mine with a scrub brush and soap and rinse with the hose and we're good to go!
For washing carrots, beets,and potatoes, we use one of those spray nozzles with the adjustments. It works. It's certainly not the fastest, or easiest, but it gets the dirt off.

Carla
Perkins, OK