market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] vegetative barriers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <sunnfarm AT netscape.com>
  • To: "Aaron Brower" <aaronbrower AT yahoo.com>, "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] vegetative barriers
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 08:27:42 -0700

You must have some very sensitive soil to need a barrier every 50 ft. But at 5ft tall its sounds workable. Around here on the sandy ground farmers plant rye strips every 100 feet. They plant rye in the fall and leave strips un plowed in the spring where ever they need them. In the Vineland area where some soil resembles beach sand farmers plant privet hedge around fields... Bob.