market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] USA plant import requirements database

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Fang Liu <fangyiliu AT hotmail.com>
  • Cc: NAFEX email discussion group <nafex AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] USA plant import requirements database
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2012 09:13:55 -0400

Thanks!

I'll post this also to the farm and fruit groups I sent it to.

-- Rivka

On Apr 2, 2012, at 12:25 AM, Fang Liu wrote:

Hi,

I hope I’m sending to the right address.
The link you provided is for importation of plant products such as fruits or leaves that are meant for consumption.

This one is for permit to import live plants for planting.

The link in the 4th bullet point is especially important as it lists the genus of plants that are absolutely restricted and those requiring a 2-year post-entry quarantine. Many common ones are on the list. Phoenix (date palm) is restricted, and Annonas (cherimoya, atemoya, sugar apple) require quarantine.

Fang