market-farming - [Market-farming] Voles

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Buck Family" <rbuck AT pacifier.com>
  • To: <Market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Voles
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 09:31:21 -0700

Hi folks,

I’m growing in a hoop house and some low tunnels this year for the first time.  I have a large number of voles on my property and I’m wondering what other folk’s experience has been with voles in these environments.  I keep my outside garden very open and weed free and that seems to keep the voles away except for the potatoes.  But inside a closed environment, like a hoop house, I’m guessing the voles will feel more free to come out and eat seedlings, etc.  Do you all see problems with voles and what non-poison control strategies do you employ?

Thanks in advance for the help,

Roy