market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] OT - John Deere hay rake parts

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Mike Brabo <mdbrabo AT att.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] OT - John Deere hay rake parts
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 21:10:40 -0500

I've got a G in VERY good condition that I'm thinking about selling...
Mike
Vesterbrook Farm

mdbrabo AT att.net
573.560.0871   cell

On Mar 27, 2012, at 8:51 PM, Richard Stewart wrote:

The other option IF this item is going to be an actual working part of your business is to upgrade to something that has a reliable part supply.  I know that may come across as a bit smart-arsed, but it is a certain reality we all must face when determining the usefulness of equipment.  Heck, we run to F2 Gleaners which are are old and cumbersome enough to question their value but the part supply for these things are amazing.  Heck, we can still purchase entire working machines for less than the cost of my '99 Subaru and strip them for parts.  When parts get hard to find our costly we might move up to an M and ditch the Fs for scrap.

Others may want to think about this when looking at older equipment.

Again, this comment isn't really meant for the owner of the item so much as for the folks looking to get old stuff.  Sometimes paying the extra money for something only 3 or 4 decades old is the better option.  :)

Unless of course its a good deal on a mint condition G.  :D

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855