market-farming - [Market-farming] How can tomatoes be in dark?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Beth Spaugh" <lists AT rhomestead.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] How can tomatoes be in dark?
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 16:32:17 -0400

We have forecast lows of 14 and 22 tonight and tomorrow. We are moving
tomatoes, peppers, flowers, etc into our refer (thanks Maury)with a small
electric heater. I was assuming we'd take them out tomorrow and put them
back into the hoophouse,, and then put them back in again tomorrow evening,
but am wondering if it will hurt them (will they stretch, etc) if we just
leave them in for about 36 hours? Any experience?

Beth Spaugh
Rehoboth Homestead, Peru NY
http://rhomestead.com http://www.facebook.com/rhomestead

Wendell Berry