market-farming - [Market-farming] Long Day Tomato Seed

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: charles gassiott <cegtt AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Austin Growers Guild <austin-growers-guild AT googlegroups.com>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Long Day Tomato Seed
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 11:11:41 -0800 (PST)

Hi All,

As the Texas drought and early heat are expected to restart in April. I am look for tomatoes that will produce in the summer heat. While there are varieties that can set fruit in the heat, I am look for varieties that set fruit early but take 100 or more days to ripen. My Father -in-law used to work as a plant pathologist (late 1940's thru mid 1950's) for Campbell's and they used to transplant tomatoes all at the same time, but with different maturity dates to keep the soup and paste plant in tomatoes from May to November.  If you know of any 100+ day varieties and the seed supplier I would really like to hear from you. You can email me directly or share on the list. Also does anyone know if a 49 day or less variety exists?

Chuck Gassiott
Garfield Texas
cegtt AT yahoo.com