market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Italian Long Hot Peppers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Italian Long Hot Peppers
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 14:16:33 -0500

On Dec 8, 2011, at 2:04 PM, Halstead, Kate wrote:

Pepperoncino is the catch-all name used for what I believe you are describing. http://www.academiabarilla.com/italian-recipes/spice-herbs-dressings/peperoncino.aspx gives more details.

That page seems to be referring to chilis, or hot peppers, in general. The photograph looks like it might be of some variety of red cayennes.

There are probably thousands of different varieties of chiles/ hot peppers (certainly more than the 85 varieties which the article says exist). I think Kim is trying to identify a particular variety (though I have no idea which variety it is, though it presumably isn't one of the very small ones.)