market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] High Tunnel roll up sides question

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Robinson <rrobinson AT nasw.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] High Tunnel roll up sides question
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 15:16:40 -0400

On 10/25/2011 at 3:09:21 PM, Gary Scott wrote:

> My uncertainty is how to attach at
> the bottom where the short bottom piece at the bottom.I have looked at
> roll-
> bar caps that attach the poly to 1-3/8" pipe. Anyone familiar with this
> method? I want to be able roll the sides up when there is to much heat by
> myself. any thoughts, ideas?

I don't really understand your question, but it sounds like you are asking
whether you can
attach the poly at the bottom while still being able to roll up the sides. If
your poly
drops down far enough to go over a wiggle-wire channel before it bottoms out
on the pipe,
then you can wire it in when the weather gets cold. But you'd need to remove
the wire
before you rolled up again. You might get by tacking it in in a half dozen
places, rather
than wiring in the whole 96', as long as your ropes were tight. and the more
the overlap
between the poly and the baseboard, the better the seal.

Richard Robinson
www.nasw.org/users/rrobinson/
Hopestill Farm
www.hopestill.com