market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Effective control of Galinsoga

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Roots Farm <karen AT rootsfarm.info>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Effective control of Galinsoga
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 08:58:07 -0400

Here's another "take" on galinsoga:

Best wishes to all,

Karen

Roots Farm Organic Produce
Fruits, Roots, Vegetables & Herbs
Cochrane, DOMINICA
767-449-3038 (before 7 P.M.)

On Oct 24, 2011, at 8:48 AM, MAsteveINE wrote:

wall to wall and thick as the hair on a dog.

mow it and it will happily bloom below cut level,

pull it and it will multiply,

freeze it and it comes back from stored seed,

born "pregnant" it sheds seed before blooming,

Hope it does not visit you!

I did do a small solarization project in August and galensoga did not come
back in September; it is too early to claim success but I will be doing more of that in the spring

MAsteveINE

What does. Galinosa weed look like