market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] A link to BBC News - When did potatoes become unpopular?--

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Stewart <rstewart AT zoomtown.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] A link to BBC News - When did potatoes become unpopular?--
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 10:06:02 -0400

I would wager (not having read the article) that the problem with the potato is how it is usually deep fried int he form of hash browns, french fries, and potato cake/tater-tots.  I am sure that if the potato was belong served with skin with say, asparagus, or fresh green beans and squash this would be less an issue.  Carbs for an already carb saturated diet with nearly zero physical labor or exercise.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855