market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] New produce laws Prohibiting sale of certain items

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Owsley lucy <boulderbelt AT embarqmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] New produce laws Prohibiting sale of certain items
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 10:47:56 -0400

yes Wyatt, I read something about this on FB concerning one of the Cinci FM. A woman posted that she had been told by the Hamilton County health dept person who was at that market pretty much what you just wrote except for the thing about lysteria as the lysteria recall had not yet been announced. And that right there is making me winder if these new regs do indeed exists since you found nothing on the ODA website about this.

I am so glad I won't be doing any farmers market after November, it's going to be all CSA for this farm with a few sales to a local food co-op that will open at the end of the month that is near me. Though it looks like we won't be able to sell them any leafy greens if these regs are for real.

Lucy Goodman
Boulder Belt Eco-Farm
Eaton, OH