market-farming - [Market-farming] NRCS high tunnels $$$

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Beth Spaugh" <lists AT rhomestead.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] NRCS high tunnels $$$
  • Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2011 21:47:30 -0400

I am approved for an NRCS high tunnel this year.  I get along with our local person, but we are not communicating well on this.  Can someone tell me please, is it a flat $2.40/sq ft up to 2178 sq ft?  or is it based on actual costs up to $2.40/sq ft up to 2178 sq ft?  The one I am looking at is frame only, not end walls, not including plastic, and is less than the $2.40/sq ft.  Our local person said they don’t pay for end walls or plastic or shipping, but they also don’t need the bill.  They would like to know the costs for their analysis.  I don’t want to ask again, but the answer influences how long a tunnel I get.

Thank you to those with experience.  This is New York, but I assume this is a national rule.

Beth Spaugh

"How we eat determines, to a considerable extent, how the world is used." - Wendell Berry

"Without power over our food, any notion of democracy is empty." - Frances Moore Lappe