market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Irene????

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Robinson <rrobinson AT nasw.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Irene????
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 19:47:51 -0400

Here in eastern Mass., we did OK. I was teetering on the edge of removing the
plastic as
the week progressed, but the forecasts were consistent as it got closer that
we would be
getting a tropical storm, not a hurricane. I put in another half dozen ground
posts per
house on my Rolling Thunders, buttoned up all the plastic, put extra weights
along all the
ground edges, and screwed the vents closed. The only damage was the damage I
did, swinging
the sledge too close to my trellised tomatoes...

The raspberries are battered but will recover. We let the pole beans down,
and re-strung
them this morning, and they seem fine. Everybody else got a good wash and a
blow-dry.

Richard Robinson
www.nasw.org/users/rrobinson/
Hopestill Farm