market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] sprayer for surround

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Thomas Kumpf <tjkumpf AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] sprayer for surround
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 13:07:12 -0700 (PDT)

Beth,
I have used it for late cuke transplants to protect from Cuke beetles. I
used a Solo Piston type pump which worked OK, but I think they recommend the
diaphragm type so it wont wear out the seals of the piston b/c of the very
fine yet granular nature of the surround. Shortly after I used it i had to
replace the seals for the piston, but this sprayer has put out nearly 500
gallons of spray of regular stuff prior to the surround. The two pumps aren't
much different in price, but I think the diaphragm one is slightly more.
Tom K.