market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Old Drip Tape

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mf AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Old Drip Tape
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2011 17:05:19 -0500

On Sat, Jun 04, 2011 at 01:50:56PM -0500, Marty Kraft wrote:
> Anybody found a use for old drip tape?

I use it, looped and stapled, for handles on cardboard blackberry
picking boxes. That uses only a small fraction of my waste drip tape.

It also makes fairly good fire starter. Get it burning on one end and
drip flaming plastic over whatever you want to burn. Also, a wad of
drip tape on top of a brush pile will drip flaming plastic down and aid
in get it going. Again, a very minor amount of the total. It is a
mistake to try to burn it alone; it is likely to leave a big un-burned
puddle which you will have to pry up when it solidifies.

--
Willie, ONWARD! Through the fog!
Debian3.1/GNU/Linux system uptime 265 days 13 hours 02 minutes