market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] wwoofers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Ken Bezilla <kenbez AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] wwoofers
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 20:03:55 +0000

I've done WWOOFing and I've hosted WWOOFers.  I think WWOOFers are generally great, and fun to have around, but because their plans are so flexible, you shouldn't count on them when you're calculating your labor needs for the season.  Figure them to be a nice source of extra help for getting projects done and for easing your workload for when they're around, but don't plant a crop and then count on WWOOFers being around 3 months later to help with the harvesting.

Ken Bezilla
Acorn Community Farm
central VA