market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Garlic concentrate for Asparagus beetles

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: charlie taplin <vthick43 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Garlic concentrate for Asparagus beetles
  • Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 05:19:01 -0400

Hi,
I use a 5 gal. back pack sprayer and a adjustable nozzle. Spray a light mist and just wet it down. I try to spray under the leafs
of plants I think might become a bug problem.  I just add the fish to my garlic mix. (maybe the garlic in the mix keeps coons
away).    As far as how much; you will have to mix a small batch and see how far it goes. DoNot leave left over in sprayer and
rinse sprayer as it gets sticky. If I have some left I do what ever is green, except weeds.  One warning, if you our spraying on
a 2 week cycle which you should, don't spray plants that are ready to be pollinated by bees, etc. until after they are done. It
repels them to some extent.  I don't have a problem with the bugs you talk about.