market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Animal and neighbor problems

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Mike Brabo <mdbrabo AT att.net>
  • To: thamnophis AT gmail.com, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Animal and neighbor problems
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 00:00:23 -0500

Joe,
Loved your comment about the smell of smoked pork wafting through the trees.

Our neighbor used to let his cows range freely all over the area. After a
couple warnings we took photos of damage, cleaned up cow patties and sent an
invoice listing $35/hr for cleaning up their cow's manure. Invoice sent for
damage solved the problem and reimbursed us for damages and labor. Plus it
yielded a couple hundred bucks for my son. Not a problem since.

For neighboring dogs harassing our sheep they get one warning. Second time
around they may be shot, with "organic" lead of course. :o)

Mike
Vesterbrook Farm - Certified Naturally Grown
Clarksville, Missouri - Mississippi River Bluffs, Zone 6