market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Animal and neighbor problems

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: SaladG AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Animal and neighbor problems
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 21:22:47 EDT

Wyatt brings back some old memories of the first year I farmed, 1963.  Had a neighbor that would not keep his bull home, and it ended up in my pasture, trying to breed our purebred Holstein cows.  I went out and rounded up the bull, with my dad's help, this bull was a little smokey, put him in a small corral so he wouldn't jump out.  I called Paul and told him his bull was in the catch pen and please come and get him.  We of course I gave him hay and grain twice a day along with other chores, a month later I call Paul back and ask him again to come pick him up, with on avail. Well it was quite a while after that, one Morning we had a truck loading hogs for the Omaha market, well there happened to be enough room left on the truck for this bull I had been feeding for 2 months we just loaded him on the truck and had the trucker put the bull in my neighbors name and sent him to the market and had the money sent to Paul.  We belong to the same Church and still get a good laugh.

Don't mess with this guy get the law involved, they are not good neighbors.  You have rights.

Phil