market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] soil fertility continuing ed

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Ann Sherrington <annsherrington AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] soil fertility continuing ed
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 12:04:11 -0300

At the risk of sounding simplistic, I have a question on biochar: if
biochar is based on charcoal created in a smothered fire, does it
follow that you could take commercial charcoal (not the briquettes,
the "real" stuff), pulverize it, add it to your soil, and get a
similar effect?

Ann Sherrington
Cape Breton