market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Greeenhouse heating

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: John Ehrlich <johnkaty AT shaw.ca>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Greeenhouse heating
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 08:47:52 -0800

I have a used Bosch which I was planning to box up with 4" foam insulat,,    but are the outdoor ones really expensive?

John

On 2011-01-26, at 8:29 AM, sunnfarm AT netscape.com wrote:

I have a 20x50 greenhouse that I use for propagating cuttings that has been heated with hot water in the benches for over 15 years. I would say its the only way to go. You can't beat rootzone heating. I use an oil fired 32 gallon water heater. I just rebuilt the whole system including home made manifolds. I use 1/4" tubing on the bench tops specially made for bench heating. Go to TrueLeaf 's web site and look at their setups... Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.