market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Turnip and Greens prices and Carrot Prices

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Stewart <rstewart AT zoomtown.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Turnip and Greens prices and Carrot Prices
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 08:51:22 -0400

I sell Turnip Greens for 2.50 a pound and I sell turnips for the same price.  Carrots are 3.00 a pound with tops harvested and delivered day of.  This year our carrots did poorly because of heat and drought.  Even with watering we will be getting a fraction of pound per row foot we normally do.

Today we MAY be getting rain, the first real rainfall in over 17 weeks.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855