market-farming - [Market-farming] Dried beans

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Michael Libsch <mmlibsch AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Dried beans
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 00:09:29 +0000

I grew several varieties of dried beans this summer including Tiger's Eyes and Vermont Cranberry. The beans have sized up, but the pods on many are still green. We had our firs light frost last week and are expecting a killing frost later this week. Does anyone know if it is better to let the pods dry in the field or take them in now that the weather is getting cold?

Thanks for your help,

Mike