market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] ladypeas pricing?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] ladypeas pricing?
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 21:11:09 -0400

On Sep 23, 2010, at 6:40 PM, michelle rome wrote:

I did not grow lady peas this year. But in previous years I sold them by the pound. Not usually enough to sell by the bushel. 1/2 bushel or peck. They should bring the same price as butter beans or butter peas by the peck or half bushel (my opinion)- they are a high end southern pea (and ole timey).

I have no idea what butter beans or butter peas sell for -- I've never seen either one for sale up here. Can you compare to snap beans or to shelly peas or to edamame?

I'm far more likely to have them by the pint and quart than by the bushel or even by the peck.