market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Summer Squash on Black Plastic

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Allan.Balliett" <allan.balliett AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Summer Squash on Black Plastic
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 23:01:00 -0400

I probably am using the middle weight sold by Johnnys. I needed the width of the wide roll of this wt (that I already have) in this application. I thought the heavier remay would give me only 3 degrees or so of additional heat. It's pretty clear that these under watered plants suffered the most damage where leaves were against the remay. The lower leaves are still green and whole.

I have yet to see the first cucumber beetle here (don't worry, they'll be here eventually!) I wonder if I should leave the remay off until I actually start seeing a problem? (A formula for a different disaster, I imagine.

Allan in WV

  • Re: [Market-farming] Summer Squash on Black Plastic, Allan.Balliett, 06/02/2010