market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] selling soil block seedlings

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Flying S Farms <farmerwantabe AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] selling soil block seedlings
  • Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 18:48:30 -0600

Use the removable scrapbook tape, you can print out your information and cut to size, then wrap around plant stem and adhere.

Ben and Catherine Simmons
Flying S Farms
Woodbury, Tennessee
615-542-1078
www.bakingfarmer.com
BLOG: www.flyingsfarms.blogspot.com

Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 22:10:11 -0700
From: 2soilsisters AT gmail.com
To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

We sold them last year, too.  Difficult for customers to remember the identities per us not wanting to damage the blocks, sturdy though they were, with stick tags.  An idea that occurred to me at the end of the sales season is to jot down variety names on the self-adhesive paper napkin rings restaurants use and slip those around the stems of the purchased items.  Not sure where one would find those but asking at a restaurant should make that easy enough to determine.

We sent them home with our customers in reused grocery bags, with chunks of recycled cardboard to stabilize the blocks in the bags.  Worked pretty well, really.

Doreen in Boise, ID