market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] selling soil block seedlings

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Liz Pike <liz AT marketfarmshoptalk.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] selling soil block seedlings
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 11:20:34 -0500

An idea that occurred to me at the end of the sales season is to jot down variety names on the self-adhesive paper napkin rings restaurants use and slip those around the stems of the purchased items. Not sure where one would find those but asking at a restaurant should make that easy enough to determine.
just make sure whatever you use to write on is water proof, a coated paper or something plastic is best. I used plain paper labels last year to do this same sort of thing and even though our transplants weren't soaking wet at market, there was enough moisture to wick onto the paper tags so they tore very easily. Those transplants ended up in the "Mystery" section if we didn't know for sure what they were.
Liz