market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] kerosene heaters was ice storm

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Garth & Kim Travis <gartht AT txcyber.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] kerosene heaters was ice storm
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 07:34:16 -0600

Greetings,
Water by itself, at sea level, boils at 212F, but the oil heats much faster and this causes the water to 'boil' off. We use solar and a dedicated system to deal with our oil. No costs involved except a few filters.
Bright Blessings,
Kim

frank ventura wrote:
How do you dewater the cooking oil?

Dewatering of the WVO requires heating the mixture so that the heavier water
falls to the bottom of the barrel. Then you can pump the water free oil
from the top. The water will be at the very bottom.

I believe water does not boil until about 212F.

I spent more time than I care to admit cleaning WVO for an old diesel
vehicle that ended up costing me a lot more than I saved on fuel. It's a
dirty chore...the oil sticks to everything.