market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Broccoli and Cauliflower questions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Sisters of the Soil <2soilsisters AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Broccoli and Cauliflower questions
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 10:32:53 -0700

Have you tried just draping frost cloth over your broccoli and cauliflower and stapling it down. We were having a heck of a time with our lettuce, spinach, radishes etc. maturing this fall. The second we slapped the frost cloth on they took off. It's not quite as effective as a high tunnel, but might be faster and easier in a pinch and buy you that little bit of extra time that you need. It sounds like your plants are painfully close to producing.