market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] solarization was carbon loss

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Garth & Kim Travis <gartht AT txcyber.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] solarization was carbon loss
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 08:41:02 -0500

Greetings,
We have found that it doesn't. It does not sterilize the soil like putting potting soil in the oven does, but it sure messes up the insects and blights that get into the soil. However, we have not had it tested, just observations on the improved quality of soil from year to year.
Bright Blessings,
Kim