market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Flame weeding Salad production systems

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <aballiett AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Flame weeding Salad production systems
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 20:57:58 -0400

Chris This is the flame weeder I'm using. I'll have to tell you, I'm not impressed with flame weeding as a means of controlling 'just emerging' weeds. I may be doing something wrong, but it's hard to imagine what it would be! My unit is two years old and the hood is rusting out, also. Keeping the orifices clean has been a real struggle, also. I can't see using the unit without the pressure regulator and I wouldn't want to use it without the squeeze-valve. Boy, it do add up in $$s, don't it? -Allan in WV