market-farming - [Market-farming] okra

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Garth & Kim Travis <gartht AT txcyber.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] okra
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 11:42:51 -0500

Greetings,

This is the first year I have grown okra for market. I expected that others would have theirs in first, since most growers for the market I sell at are zone 9 and I am zone 8, but the first okra is due this weekend. Mine is also ready and I have no idea what price to sell it for. Or what size container. The customers are mostly singles or couples with no children. I am looking for an organic/sustainably grown price range. Thanks.

Bright Blessings,
Kim