market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Farm Math

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Garth & Kim Travis <gartht AT txcyber.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Farm Math
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 09:31:19 -0500

Greetings,
For us it was 15 week old Naragansette Turkeys + 2 large chicken snakes = 7 turkeys. Of course they didn't touch the week old frakenbirds in the same greenhouse, just the expensive turkeys. However, my biggest and continuing problem is domestic dogs, well fed domestic dogs. They kill for fun and don't stop until everything is dead or they die of lead poisoning.
Bright Blessings,
Kim

clearviewfarm AT bluefrog.com wrote:
It could be worse.

In my case, my math would be 14 hens + 1 fox + 1 owl =<<<6 hens

I feel for you. We had a mink "demolish" over half our flock two February's ago.

Kurt Forman
Clearview Farm
Palmyra, NY 14522