market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Netting for Blueberries

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "mcoldiron" <mcoldiron AT crcom.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Netting for Blueberries
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 08:38:36 -0500

I used to have over 200 blackberry bushes.  I put netting over them, which was a real pain to do.   Anyway, after the netting was on, I found that it collected EVERYTHING!  I mean everything!  It caught every blowing weed and twig.  It caught everything that crawled or slithered.  Every day I had to go out and free lizards, horned toads, snakes, and anything else that was small enough to get caught in it.  And let me tell you, freeing critters is not an easy task!

My recommendation to you is - don't use it.

TxBeeFarmer (Mark)
West Texas Zone 7b