market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Deer Fencing/Crows/Geese ie PEST's

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Flying S Farms <farmerwantabe AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>, <emilydash AT gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Deer Fencing/Crows/Geese ie PEST's
  • Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 19:49:10 -0500

Space seed 4-6", thin to about 12" apart with 30 - 40" row is about the minimum; this has worked for us with the 'starter' patch in the past before the "crows found us!" We will plant using using the earthway or by hand. The larger field is done with a 4 row planter when we can get the tractor into it after the spring rains.

I'll try the transplanting next year and see how that does. We ran across a used tobacco setter that needs little work this year and intend to use it for planting next year; we'll just add corn to the list.

Thanks for help.

Catherine