market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Deer Fencing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Stewart <rstewart AT zoomtown.com>
  • To: rbfarr AT erols.com, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Deer Fencing
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 07:43:23 -0400

Yes, I use this currently. I also add pig tails of wire that drop at random heights 12" to 24" and popcans. All of which is electrified by contact. It is roughly 1 mile of single wire at 4'. It is charged by a 22 mile charge and when pulses sends about 15K v.

In addition to this I put whirlygigs up around inside the perimeter of the fence and move these every seven days.

None of this will stop a dear in a drought when you are running things on irrigation.

Richard Stewart
rstewart AT zoomtown.com