market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Mobile strawberry picking platform

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Sharon and Steve" <shopkins AT tdstelme.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Mobile strawberry picking platform
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 15:18:53 -0500

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=91495

Here is a rolling seat that does not steer, I use it a lot but have not had strawberry spacing would work except on the outside of the patch, where it was okay. This cart and peas on wire have meant that I can stay longer in the pea business. Great for transplanting, especially for the greenhouse tomato and cuke beds.

At the New England show some time ago a young guy from ...maybe Wi or MI...had a cart similar in shape to a go cart with gas engine, we looked real hard at that and told him to call when he did an electric, it was too loud for listening to Rush. There was a tape of picking asparagus and strawberries with it, had a large table for crop above your lega as you sat to work. It, too, would take some planning to match crop and wheel spacing.

MAsteveINE