market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] New Chicks

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Beth Spaugh" <lists AT rhomestead.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] New Chicks
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 21:53:56 -0400

Very quickly, especially the pullets. The cocks tend to stubbornly line up along the outside of the tractor. After the cocks are all killed off, the pullets not only are very adventurous but also much better behaved, and will go in on their own. Sorry for the sexist tone, but that is what I have observed, without looking hard.

Beth Spaugh

Rehoboth Homestead

Peru NY

http://rhomestead.com

"How we eat determines, to a considerable extent, how the world is used." - Wendell Berry

"Without power over our food, any notion of demoncracy is empty." - Frances Moore Lappe