market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] HDPE

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <clearviewfarm AT bluefrog.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] HDPE
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 09:51:29 -0700

Sarah,

LDPE or low density polyethylene plastic pipe is typically used for the black plastic pipe that one can see coiled up and for sale in building supply stores.  We use it both under and above ground to move water.  HDPE is used in such things as gallon milk containers.  I would think that HDPE would be a bit rigid for water piping.

Kurt Forman
Clearview Farm
Palmyra, NY 14522