market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] WIC! Wicked!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "TxBeeFarmer" <TxBeeFarmer AT HotPop.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] WIC! Wicked!
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 10:34:10 -0500

I think you have it a little wrong. WIC for Farmers' Markets is in ADDITION to their regular WIC. Yes, it's very small, but it's not ALL they have by any means. They can still get all they need at the local grocery. The Farmers' Market WIC is from a government grant that's separate from regular WIC. I agree it should be more. Currently, regular WIC does not allow for purchasing fresh fruits and vegetables, only packaged foods. Yes, call your legislators!!!!

TxBeeFarmer (Mark)
West Texas Zone 7b