market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Tractors for Hilling and so forth

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <aballiett AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Tractors for Hilling and so forth
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 12:01:15 -0400

But the reason I'm writing is to say that I have successfully used the rotary plow to not only turn under sod and very tall cover crop, but to make asparagus beds and raised beds. They would hill your potatoes in no time and dig a trench in a couple of passes. You can move the handles to the side so you don't have to walk in the trench.

Harriet - What did it cost you to get the Grillo and the rotary plow and whatever else you got to do this work?

Thanks -Allan