market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Surviving - prices with economic instability

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: John Ferree <john AT seldomseenfarm.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Surviving - prices with economic instability
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 08:06:45 -0400

How are other people dealing with the falling dollar and dramatic input
price increases? With fuel alone we've seen shipping go through the
roof, but now with the dollar hitting record lows. . . what is the
potental impact? Especially with younger farms that don't have
established costs per acre. I'm no economist. I can pass my cost
increases at market, but don't totally follow how some other economic
factors will impact us.

BTW, non-organic local eggs just got upped in indianapolis to 4$/dzn due
to commodity feed prices - 1$/dzn jump

john