market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Greenhouse table tops

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Susan Houghton" <susangivingtree AT earthlink.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Greenhouse table tops
  • Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 09:28:25 -0500

Hi Jolly,

    What an incredible picture! Thanks so much for sending it.  It almost looks like vinyl siding? So I get it that burlap holds the soil in (we use that with soil block boxes), but what is under the burlap?

    How much soil do you have in the beds?  Looks like just a couple inches.  Do you dump it all out between plantings?  Do you recycle the soil?  It appears that the soil is a peat lite mix.....do you make it yourself?

Susan
   Michigan