market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Heat Mat

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Heat Mat
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 09:01:26 -0500

Hi Pat,
It all depends on how far below the flat(s) the fixture is........i
did try out the fridge-type bulb, and it didn't produce enough heat for
the depth of my device. I settled on a 60W for that particular setup -
which was in the bottom/side of a styrofoam ice chest. Atop the heat box,
i used an oven grate, to set the flat(s) on. This works quite well -
one of three setups we use. The bulb is turned on, full time, until the
flats are moved under the lights at germination.
Toni - counting down to the end of January when the first alliums are
started!