market-farming - [Market-farming] pressure treated organic?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "E C GRANATA" <elainegranata AT msn.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <Market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] pressure treated organic?
  • Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 17:20:20 -0700

Folks:  Does anyone know if pressure treated wood is acceptable for organic production?  The label makes it sound lethal-- don't cut it without a mask, don't burn it, dispose of it according to EPA  protocols!  I picked some up from Craig's list and didn't realize till I got it home and found a label that it was treated.

Thanks for any information.

Elaine
Denver