market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Sprinkler System

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Robert Schuler <sunnfarm AT verizon.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Sprinkler System
  • Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 12:52:47 -0500 (CDT)

In my greenhouses I water pots with Chapin drip tubes. I run a 3/4" pe pipe
down the bench and insert pre made drip emmiters into the pe pipe than place
the other end which has a small weight on it into the top of each pot. This
system has beed around for 40 years and works well. With 4" pots I have
watering trays that hold 6 - 4" pots on spacing within the tray and I only
have to get water into the tray and the pots absorb water from the bottom...
Bob.
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.

In the past drip tape was used to grow greens in the ground. Last yearI
started growing herb and bedding plants. They are started in 50 to 250
celltrays then moved into 3.5” to 7” pot depending on the plant. It took
3 hrs tohand water and since I am doubling my production this year, I need a
faster wayto water. Ebb and Flow bench irrigation would be great but I can
not afford itat this time.

Andy King
Sunflower King’sFarm
Zone 6 PA