market-farming - [Market-farming] Shipped in produce

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: SaladG AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Shipped in produce
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 09:25:46 EDT

My only complaint against shipped in produce is most vendors do not post point of origin on this product, I don't care if it is out of area produce it should not be assumed that this vendor grew this product when there is no way he could have.  When a customer comes to me and say's what wonderful peaches so and so has 4 months early for homegrown product I hand them a list of products that are locally grown at this particular week.  If you don't have enough balls to tell the customer the truth about your products that your are selling then maybe you need to find a different business to get into.

Phil

  • [Market-farming] Shipped in produce, SaladG, 09/18/2007